What do the letters behind a real estate agent’s name stand for?
Top Real estate agents, like doctors, lawyers, and other professionals can earn designations, certifications, and other credentials. While all licensed real estate agents must meet the minimum requirements of their state laws, you may also have noticed a string of letters attached to the Top REALTOR®’s name on a business card. These abbreviations mean that the agent has taken additional courses, has documented experience and has passed a test to earn a particular designation. The Riley Team is proud to have the following list of designations behind our names.
Our Awards & designations
Associate Broker with ReMax ONE
GRI - Graduate REALTOR® Institute (less than 15% nationally)
Master Certified Negotiating Expert - MCNE Designation (less than 30 Realtors Statewide)
GREEN (less than 100 Realtors Statewide)
e-PRO - Internet Professional
Accredited Buyers Representative (less than 30% nationally)
Military Relocation Professional
CRS - Seller Representative Specialist (less than 150 Realtors Statewide)
Accredited Staging Professional (less than 40 Realtors Statewide)
REMAX Hall of Fame
REMAX CHAIRMAN'S CLUB
REMAX Titan'S CLUB
notary public - 2 on the Riley Team
SMAR - Board of directors
SMAR - SOUTHERN MARYLAND BOARD OF REALTORS Hall of Fame
SMAR - SOUTHERN MARYLAND BOARD OF REALTORS DIAMOND AWARD
Web Marketing Association IAC winner - "Best online Video"
SMAR and Long and Foster ROOKIE OF THE YEAR, 2000
Long and Foster Highest grossing office sales
Long and Foster Highest grossing office listings
Dawn’s Designations – What it means to you…
• Associate Broker - It takes additional education classes to earned a broker's license, but Dawn choose to work under the management of a broker, Mark Davis. Mark Davis is a Maryland attorney who focuses his practice in the areas of Real Estate, Corporation and Business Associations, and Land Use & Zoning. He is the Managing Member of Davis, Upton, & Palumbo, LLC.
• GRI - Graduate REALTOR® Institute. Additional knowledge and skills to help guide you through any real estate transaction smoothly and easily. Only 15% of Realtors have this designation.
• GREEN - Advance training in green building and sustainable business practices so I can seek out, understand, and market properties with green features by digital paperless marketing. The Riley Team has been Green and paperless for 10 years. There are less than 100 Realtors Statewide.
• MCNE - Master Certified Negotiation Expert. Of all Dawn's Designations, this is our clients’ favorite, saving our clients thousands of dollars. She has invested considerable time and effort to bring her negotiation skills to the highest professional level in real estate. There are less than 30 Realtors with this designation in the State.
• ePro – My first designation gave me further knowledge on cutting-edge technologies and digital initiatives to link up with today's savvy real estate consumer.
• CRS - Seller Representative Specialist. The Seller Representative Specialist (SRS) designation is the premier credential in seller representation. There are less than 150 Realtors Statewide
• CDPE - Certified Distressed Property Expert Obtaining knowledge of foreclosure avoidance options available to homeowners. CDPEs can provide solutions, specifically short sale, for homeowners facing market hardships.
for considering me for your upcoming Real Estate needs or listing your home. Whether you have sold a home before, or this is your first home sale, here is some important information to help you make your decision. I am the Team Leader of the Riley Team. I work exclusively with Sellers, while my Buyer’s agents work with all the Buyers, my marketing brings in.
Starting your next Maryland real estate transaction by contacting Riley Team is the first step to save time and money, but we are also experienced in successfully remedying problems and issues that can get in the way of you selling your property quickly and at top dollar.
dawn riley, team leader of the RILEY TEAM